Matador Instrumental Music Updates
Week starting 11/4/19
Bernardo Yorba Entertainment Unit Weekly Newsletter
The most successful students have involved parents.
Baldwin Park Wrap Up GREAT job to our Marching Matadors who represented us at the Baldwin Park parade! Our band score improved 7 points to an 86.6 in ONE week–an indicator of your hard work in just one week. I am very proud of you all! A HUGE thank you to our parent chaperones and volunteers, these events cannot happen without your help.
Band Pageant Everyone must have a ticket to come see the Placentia-Yorba Linda School District’s 44th Annual Band Pageant on Wednesday, November 6th, at Bradford Stadium at 7:00 p.m. Tickets can be purchased in advance from you, or at the gate that night. You will sell them for $5.00, but if they are purchased at the gate that night, the cost is $6.00. The pre-sale tickets are a fundraiser for BYEU, while the tickets sold at the door support music district-wide. Students are responsible for returning unsold tickets, and/or $5 per ticket sold. SEE INFO SHEET
Concert Band & Percussion has been invited to perform at BYMS’s Veterans Day Ceremony on Tuesday, November 12th. See attached info sheet. Details will be discussed in class.
Optional Knott’s Berry Farm Performances – Marching Band, Jazz Band & Orchestra We have been accepted to take a group of students to perform at Knott’s Berry Farm! This is an “extra” trip and is not required to attend for a grade. In order to attend, students will need to provide their own admission. There are two options for this:
- Bring in proof of Knott’s Berry Farm season pass – will be photocopied per request of Knott’s Berry Farm
- Purchase a discount ticket through BYEU for $35.00
We will be performing music that will be featured at our Winter Concert as well as some additional songs. Students who attend will miss all day of school and are responsible for making up missed work.
Please bring money or your season pass (to be copied) by
- Marching Band & Colorguard by Friday, November 8th
- Jazz & Orch by Thursday, December 5th
Marching Band & Colorguard – Friday, November 15th
Jazz Band & Orchestra – Friday, December 13th
ORCHESTRA PHOTOS – NOVEMBER 13th
MARK YOUR CALENDARS & SEE PERFORMANCE UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS
Concert Band, Performing Band, Percussion, Orchestra
- Black BYMS Instrumental Music polo shirt (provided)
- Black dress pants – no jeans, leggings, sweatpants, etc. Dickies pants are a great option.
- Skirt — ladies may choose to wear a floor length, solid black skirt. No part of the skirt may be a different length.
- Shoes – closed toe, black dress shoes. Dinkles are a great option. No tennis shoes, Vans, boots, or sneakers allowed.
- Socks – solid black. Black stockings/knee highs/dress socks ok for ladies.
Chair Tests are coming up – Tuesday, November 12th
- CB – Gold Book, IV #7
- PB – Gold Book, IV #3
- Perc – White Book, p 13, #4
- IB – Bb Scale & Arpeggio (TOE page 40)
Mrs. Fields Fundraiser! October 21-November 4th
Students received packets last week.
Please contact Colette Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
11/6 PYLUSD Band Pageant https://bit.ly/2KCUkui
11/15 Knott’s (Marching Band & Colorguard) https://bit.ly/2MvfTPV
12/13 Knott’s (Jazz & Orchestra) https://bit.ly/2NdAqYL
- Info Sheet – Band Pageant
- Info Sheet – Orchestra Photo Day
- Info Sheet – Knott’s Marching Band Fall 2019
- Info Sheet – Knott’s Jazz & Orchestra 2019
- Info Sheet – Veterans Day Ceremony
- Mrs. Fields Info
- Band Pageant Ticket Info
Send In Your Photos! We are collecting photos of events from the year to put on our website. Please email your photos to email@example.com
For an up to date, full year calendar, click here .
Mark your calendars–many of these events have mandatory attendance.
11/4 Mon Mrs. Fields order forms due
11/6 Wed 44th Annual PYLUSD Band Pageant – Marching Band & Colorguard
11/12 Tues Veterans Day Ceremony (CB & PERC)
11/13 Wed Photo Day – Orchestra
11/13 Wed BYEU Booster Meeting 7:00 @ BYMS room 901
11/15 Fri Marching Band & Colorguard @ Knott’s
12/4 Wed WINTER CONCERT – All Groups
12/12 Thurs JAZZ NIGHT OUT – Count Meets the Duke concert (more info soon)
12/13 Fri Jazz & Orchestra @ Knott’s