Matador Instrumental Music Updates
Week starting 10/14/19
Bernardo Yorba Entertainment Unit Weekly Newsletter
The most successful students have involved parents.
PARADE WRAP UP GREAT JOB to all students who performed this Saturday! Way to represent BYMS in the community. Additional marching band parade performances are:
- 10/26 – Loara Band Review (CB, PERC & CG ONLY)
- 11/2 – Baldwin Park Parade (CB, PERC & CG ONLY)
- 11/6 – 44th Annual PYLUSD Band Pageant (all marching band & colorguard)
- TBA – Knott’s Berry Farm (optional additional performance)
THANK YOU TO OUR VOLUNTEERS Our first parade out was the smoothest parade morning we have had–a HUGE thank you to everyone who helped our Marching Matadors throughout the day–we couldn’t have done it without you!
ORCHESTRA PHOTOS – NOVEMBER 13th
MARK YOUR CALENDARS & SEE PERFORMANCE UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS
Concert Band, Performing Band, Percussion, Orchestra
- Black BYMS Instrumental Music polo shirt (provided)
- Black dress pants – no jeans, leggings, sweatpants, etc. Dickies pants are a great option.
- Skirt — ladies may choose to wear a floor length, solid black skirt. No part of the skirt may be a different length.
- Shoes – closed toe, black dress shoes. Dinkles are a great option. No tennis shoes, Vans, boots, or sneakers allowed.
- Socks – solid black. Black stockings/knee highs/dress socks ok for ladies.
Chair Tests are coming up
- CB & PB – gold book Section IV, #1
- IB – TOE #32
Substitute Teacher – 10/18 & 10/21
There will be a substitute teacher on Friday, 10/18 and Monday 10/21. Students are expected to be on their absolute best behavior for the substitute teacher both days. Students will be playing in all classes, and leaders will be asked to help run rehearsals. There is zero period on Friday for Jazz Band, but there is no after school rehearsal. Please be patient if the room is not unlocked in the morning or after school–you may ask the custodians to unlock the room to pick up your instruments. Rehearsal plans will be posted in Google Classroom as well as with the substitute teacher
Next After School Rehearsal 11/1 – Marching Band & Colorguard (required attendance) 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Orchestra Night Out – HS Sinfonia Concert The top orchestras (Sinfonia) from EHS, YLHS, VHS and EDHS are performing at the PYLUSD Performing Arts Center! Let’s show some support at this free concert by having an Orchestra Night Out. Wear BYMS gear and we can all sit together.
- Monday, October 28th, 7-8:30
- PYLUSD Performing Arts Center (El Dorado HS)
- Wear BYMS gear
- Meet in front of PAC at 6:40, we will walk in together at 6:50
- This is an optional, extra credit event. Attendance will be taken at 6:45. Band and orchestra students are encouraged to attend.
Please contact Colette Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
ONGOING Provide Bottled Water for Marching Band & Colorguard https://bit.ly/2KQiCQE
ONGOING Provide Otter Pops for Marching Band & Colorguard https://bit.ly/2z4YOTZ
ONGOING Marching Band Rehearsal Refreshments https://bit.ly/2HcDfp0
- Info Sheet – Loara Band Review
- Info Sheet – Baldwin Park Parade (tent.)
- Info Sheet – Band Pageant
- BYMS Instrumental Music Handbook (see Performance Uniform Guidelines)
Send In Your Photos! We are collecting photos of events from the year to put on our website. Please email your photos to email@example.com
For an up to date, full year calendar, click here .
Mark your calendars–many of these events have mandatory attendance.
10/26 Sat Concert Band, Colorguard & Percussion – Loara Band Review
10/28 Mon Orchestra Night Out @ Sinfonia Concert – 7pm @ PYLUSD PAC (EXTRA CREDIT)
11/1 Fri After School rehearsal, 1-3 pm (minimum day) – Marching Band & Colorguard
11/2 Sat Concert Band, Colorguard & Percussion – Baldwin Park Parade & Band Review
11/6 Wed 44th Annual PYLUSD Band Pageant – Marching Band & Colorguard
11/13 Wed Photo Day – Orchestra
11/13 Wed BYEU Booster Meeting 7:00 @ BYMS room 901
12/4 Wed WINTER CONCERT – All Groups
Info Sheet – Baldwin Park Parade 2019
Info Sheet – Band Pageant 2019
Info Sheet – Loara Band Review 2019
BYMS Instrumental Music Handbook 2019-2020—
Rose NeumayrInstrumental Music DirectorBernardo Yorba Middle School(714) 986-7400 Ext. 22900http://www.bymsmusic.org