Matador Instrumental Music Updates
Week starting 4/27/2020
Bernardo Yorba Entertainment Unit Weekly Newsletter
The most successful students have involved parents.
- All Spring 2020 events have been cancelled due to COVID-19.
- Class Placement for Next Year due to unprecedented events, current 7th graders will not need to complete and end of the year audition and will be placed into the appropriate class/ensemble next year based on progress, skill level and class participation prior to the start of distance learning. Opportunities to switch instruments (example – tuba, bari sax, bass clarinet, etc.) will still be available, but may have to wait until August to check out new instruments. An announcement will be made prior to posting class placements – there is no date just yet.
- 7th Graders – when filling out online elective cards, please select the class you are interested in. There is no guarantee it will be available. Please email Mrs. Neumayr if you have any questions.
- Drum Major for Next Year will be selected based on interest, a few interview questions, and placement into 1st Period Concert Band. Information will be posted in Google Classroom at a later date.
- End of year Awards Director awards will still be given, however medals, plaques and other items will have to be delivered at a later date. Director awards are given based on a student’s entire membership for the duration of the program, and it is important that students are recognized for their effort.
- Equipment Check In we are still awaiting advisement as to how to handle returning school instruments at the end of the year. Stay tuned for more information.
- 8th Graders – High School Band, Colorguard & Orchestra directors will be reaching out to interested 8th graders at some point (as indicated on Next Year Questionnaire), CLICK HERE for links and contact information for our 4 high school programs. All schools have a thriving band, orchestra and colorguard program. If you have any questions, I know each director is happy to answer them via email.
- Incoming 7th Graders/8th Graders if you know someone who is planning to join band, orchestra or colorguard at BYMS for the 2020-2021 school year, please encourage them to fill out THIS GOOGLE FORM visit our website (bymsmusic.org)
Distance Learning Updates
- All assignments are posted on Google Classroom. CLICK HERE for class codes.
- Students are encouraged to use district email for any questions they may have.
- Mrs. Neumayr’s office hours are currently Wednesdays from 10:15-11:00 a.m., or by appointment. Please email to schedule phone calls or Google Hangouts video conferencing.
At this time, if your student did not bring home their instrument, there are still ways to participate. Please review the assignments on Google Classroom.
Rose NeumayrInstrumental Music DirectorBernardo Yorba Middle School(714) 986-7400 Ext. 22900http://www.bymsmusic.org